My Grandma and Grandpa were here visiting this past weekend (February 18 - February 23, 2010) and I loved having them here. They arrived after I was asleep on Thursday night and were in my bedroom when I woke up on Friday. You better believe I did not care about this jet lag and time zone thing they talk about and at 7:15 or so I was up and ready to spend time with them. I kept hearing that was like 5:15 from where they are from but I don't get it so no biggy right!
I softly woke Grandma up and convinced her that I would lay next to her. I did only I forgot to mention that it would only lat for a few minutes, seconds really. They the day began. Each morning began about the same way as for some strange reason they kept me in my bed in the room Grandma and Grandpa were in, I did not complain as I loved waking up with them every morning!
I really enjoyed the whole weekend with them. Then on Monday night they said good-bye and gave me a kiss before I went to bed, Grandma even sang some songs to me. Normally they leave early on Tuesday morning and we do not see them again until their next visit. This time was different however.
This morning I heard their alarm go off and saw Grandma leave the room. This upset me some so I protested and this got Grandpa out of bed and he came over to me and calmed me down and gave me a kiss. I laid back down and then Grandma came back. I saw them preparing to leave and this made me start to sing.
I started to sing the following, not exactly as written below and I think my Dad is writing this song from what Grandma told him in the car on the way to the airport this morning. I don't know if Grandma relayed it correctly or not but I am sure Dad messed it up a little here.
The song:
So Sad
I so sad
Grandma leaving
Grandpa leaving
I sad
i so sad
Then they left and I laid back down.
I love you Grandma and Grandpa and thank you for visiting as often as you do!!
As is the case most visits they leave early on Tuesday morning and say their goodbyes to the kids on Monday night. Normally we have all the kids in Roo's room and Grandma and Grandpa stay in Ren and Fish's room. This trip we left Fish in her bed every night they were here.
As usual Grandma and Grandpa said good-bye last night and all the kids went to bed, better than normal. We finished a Christmas present from last year to send home with Grandma and Grandpa and then we all hit the sack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment