Friday, March 16, 2012

First Day Done

Alright, there were not too many upsets and it appears that the tournament still could go to almost anyone. I am please that I am again in the top 5 and hope that I can stay there. Obviously those in front of me have been lucky and will not remain there.

Here are the standings as the evening ended:

Group Standings
RankTeam NameScoreCorrectBest ScoreBest CorrectChampion
1Jon Allen791439261Kentucky (163)
1Logan Durtschi791442861Kentucky (138)
3Alesha Durtschi751344659Kansas (136)
3Ryan B751343360Georgetown (142)
5Blake Weber711338260Michigan St. (94)
6Nathan Cazee671339160Missouri (164)
7Missin' My Pickle651241859Kentucky (156)
8Erin Cazee621237859Kentucky (124)
8pat bland621240757Indiana (120)
10Jason Vest591138956Kentucky (145)
10Nicole Burks591237759Kentucky (137)
12Heath Bland581239858Michigan St. (156)
12Roo B581054954Detroit (132)
14Crystal Bland571138458Kentucky (147)
15Gwenevere Bland551140256Marquette (186)
16Ryan Lowder541137657North Carolina (135)
17Heather Vest531137258Kentucky (145)
17Luke Durtschi531137258Kentucky (125)
19lance durtschi521038154Kentucky (140)
20amy bland51939753North Carolina (136)

On a side note, and to make everyone under Roo sweat, I am going to let everyone know how we came up with Roo's selections this year. It was very simple and did not take into account anything other than seed and a penny. That is correct, we flipped a penny! If the penny came up heads we picked the top seed, if tails the lower seeded team. We began in the South then proceeded to the West then the East and finally ended in the Midwest division.

Now with a team like Detroit picked to win it all it is not likely that Roo will take first place, however it will be interesting to see who he beats and how well his strategy works for him.

No comments: