Sunday, April 4, 2010

Go Bulldogs!!


The challenge is complete! Finally a man has won, and how fitting that it is ME!!

But really does anyone even care about the challenge at this point. I mean come on, at the end of last weeks round it was evident who the champion would be. And as if that was not enough to take your attention off of the brackets the fact that an unheard of, I know I am exaggerating a bit as they have been in the dance four years in a row, but an almost unheard of school is in the championship game with a goliath of basketball. Can anyone say Hoosiers! Cliche and already said I know but how cool is this?

Heather is still kicking herself as she had to convince herself not to take Butler to the championship game because come on emotion had her picking them this far. But oh how wrong that thought was, after all they have knocked off some pretty good teams. They did have help from other schools, Northern Iowa, taking our Kansas but they handled both the number one, Syracuse, and number two, Kansas State, seeds in there own region.

And then last night Butler comes home, takes the floor against an experienced final four team in Michigan State and keeps it close even with Howard on the bench for the majority of the first half. They headed for the locker room tied at the half and then played there hearts out in the second half to win by two, taking down another big school.

Last night I was asked if a hometown team has ever made it to the final four to play in there own backyard, this article indicates that it has happened with UCLA in 1972 with them winning it all. Now the difference is that UCLA was picked to win it and in fact this was there sixth of seven straight national titles. I believe it is safe to say that Butler is the first underdog to make it this far and get to play in there home city.

Monday's game means nothing to the Bland's Bombers but it sure does mean something to Butler Alumni, to Hoosiers, to all basketball fans and to college hoops in general. GO BULLDOGS!!!

1 comment:

Vest Family said...

Congrats Ryan.

Go Butler!!!!!! (alma mater) Or as my youngest says, "Go Bupper!"

I'm soooooooo excited for tonight! Go BU!!!

~Heather